Saturday 27 April 2013

Running before I can walk

I got a bit carried away. I bought patterns. I can't sew in a straight line, but I have dreams.

They are beautiful and I get them out and stroke them a little. Lets hope they're still my style in 3 years eh?

The first is the beautiful Butterick 5882, one of the retro "Patterns by Gertie". (Everyone has seen her blog right?) I get to go to a few formal events every now and again and always struggle to find something interesting to wear, so at some point I'm going to be brave and make this very slowly.



The second is also a Butterick pattern, Butterick 5884 and by Suzi Chin for Maggy Boutique. Admittedly it was probably the gorgeous fabric I noticed first, but who doesn't love a non-clingy wrap dress? And view A on the pattern leaves out the sleeves if they are a little too outré.



What next? Well, the very lovely Tilly (also from the Great British Sewing Bee) has a lovely blog and makes her own patterns with rather excellent looking online tutorials. I might have a go at her miette skirt which she recommends as a nice easy first project. Or possibly the hollyburn skirt from sewaholic. Choices choices...
I'll will certainly be making a muslin and posting everything right here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think, but please do leave your name, thank you!